In Dynamic CRM 2011,Administrator can't disable a businessunit record. RRS feed

• Question

• I am a crm system administrator,I want to delete a businessunit record which don't have any child businessunit and any other entity recrods,but I can't delete it .and I got a system errory at below.

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #DC06CA76Detail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #DC06CA76</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-04-28T07:42:55.5953928Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147213984</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>Not disabled business unit cannot be deleted.</Message>
        <Timestamp>2013-04-28T07:42:55.5953928Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

windows live Id :hellohongfu@hotmail.com

Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To delete the Business you need to follow the steps.

Step-1

Check whether the child business unit is associated with any user or not. You can find it left navigation of the business unit. If it is associated then first change the user’s business unit to other business unit which you want to keep in CRM.

Step-2

In the left navigation of that business unit you can find the Team. When we will create a Business unit in CRM, default it will create a team for that BU. First disable the team. You can find the disabled option on the ribbon area in under Action.

Step-3

Now you can able to delete the business unit.

Regards,

Priya

• Proposed as answer by PriyaSwain Monday, April 29, 2013 12:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by 王红福 Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:26 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    you need to disable first the business unit, and after you can delete it.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:55 AM
  • The main thing to focus on is not disabled business unit cannot be deleted. So first disable the business unit record first and then delete it. Remember parent business unit cannot be deleted and root business unit cannot be deleted. Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Minal Dahiya If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"
    • Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:56 AM
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:56 AM
  • many thanks for your answer, but I am can't disable it too. the error I got when I disabled it

Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:00 AM
  • many thanks , that business unit isn't the parent or root business unit.it is a child business unit

Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

To delete the Business you need to follow the steps.

Step-1

Check whether the child business unit is associated with any user or not. You can find it left navigation of the business unit. If it is associated then first change the user’s business unit to other business unit which you want to keep in CRM.

Step-2

In the left navigation of that business unit you can find the Team. When we will create a Business unit in CRM, default it will create a team for that BU. First disable the team. You can find the disabled option on the ribbon area in under Action.

Step-3

Now you can able to delete the business unit.

Regards,

Priya

• Proposed as answer by PriyaSwain Monday, April 29, 2013 12:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by 王红福 Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:26 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 12:47 PM