WHS stops working after around 3 minutes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I recently built a windows home server machine, and it was working great, I looked up a tutorial on how to set up a VPN on the server, I followed the steps, and it did not work (neither my windows 7 machine, windows 8, or Mac OSX machines could connect), so I un-setup that and installed hamachi, then that did not work well, so I re set up the VPN thinking I did something wrong the first time, however when I finished the setup it kicked me off remote access. I can now only access the server within the first 3 minutes after boot up, and then it stops working. The only thing that works is logging in through the web access. (servername.homeserver.com), I cannot get to remote desktop, the dashboard, or the shared folders.

WHS 2011

ad-dins:

Stable bit Drive-pool

advance admin console 

Wake on Lan

Applications installed:

air video

android clone of this, cannot remember the name and cannot get to server to check

-I uninstalled hamachie

-I uninstalled air video

-I uninstalled the android clone

-I uninstalled apple bonjoure 

any ideas on how to fix this issue? thank you
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:14 AM

Answers

• I would suggest restoring your server from a backup and if failing that, a re-install!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:24 AM