CRM2011 Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have some problem about the dash board in CRM2011 which need you hand.

I tried the dashboard function and found that it work under the view, it displayed the view result in a chart view. But may I ask if I can modified the view criterion in the dashboard, but not back to view modification pages to do so? because my client want to have dynamic criterion while they generate a chart in dash board; but they feel it is annoying if he keep jump between views create/modification pages and dashboard.

May I ask if that is possible? or if anyone can give me some comments or advise please..? many thanks.

many thanks

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It is not possible to create new view in dashboard itself, but you can filter based on any field in the chart view. If you click the chart you can get all the fields on that entity based the field selected the result will be displayed in chart.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:46 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Surya, thanks for your reply. I am new to it... let me have some tries. many thanks
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Hi Surya, thanks for your reply.

I tried in the chart, but I dont understand how it works....

for example, I have a chart with the sales performanace, the chart with the sales amount of our 4 sales; and once i click on one of them, for example, myself, and I cans elect any field from the entity --- opportunity; And the chart will change. but the changes only make difference about me, for example, i select "createdon", and the chart separate the opps which created by me only and group by creation date...

May I ask if I can make this to display all sales stats , group by creation date but not only mine? by this simple modification? or I have to create another view and apply to the chart?

please advise and comment, many may thanks.

Ksun Chan

• Edited by Ksun_Chan Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

It filters the record based on the field you selected, it wont display all the record for that you need to do customized the view under customization. Otherwise do one thing in dashboard instead of chart you can add lists, in that you can view the all views.

Another option is develop one custom ssrs report and bring it in dashboards. For that the following links will be helpful to you.

http://www.dynamicscrmtrickbag.com/2011/06/07/placing-reports-on-dynamics-crm-2011-dashboards/

http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/lostinthoughtsofcrm/archive/2012/02/27/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-ssrs-multi-series-chart-and-display-in-dashboard.aspx

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya. My Blog: http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Ksun_Chan Monday, August 6, 2012 4:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:14 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Suryan, thanks for your reply and sorry about my late respond, I was sick last week...

Thanks for your suggestion and reference link, let me have a look and try, thanks.

Monday, July 30, 2012 1:25 AM