Dont know what certificate I should get> RRS feed

• Question

• I am a sophomore at NJIT and I am a IT major. My professor advise me to get certificates because it can be helpful to get a job now and gain experience, but I do not know what certificates I should go for or a website where they give information about each certificate. I will like to do something with networking, security, basic comp knoweledge, just anything. I also heard that I have to pay to get my certificate. Do i have to pay to get the Cisco certificate or the Microsoft certificate.. ? Or both certificates really good?

And also what books can i READ that will help?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would start with this link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/view-by-technology.aspx Please go over this site and then if you have any specific question, feel free to ask.

You need to pass 1 or more exams to get each of these certificates and these exams cost money. Yes, both certificates (Microsoft and Cisco) are good and you have to pay for both certification exams.

Choose the certification which you want and then we can tell you what book to read.

Hope this is helpful.
    Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:22 AM