Create an executable file using Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an VB script which performs some actions on web application. It takes the input from an excel sheet(placed in local drive).

Now i want it to run this on other machines. But the problem is the path of excel sheet(which is hard coded). The person using it in his machine should place this excel sheet exactly where i want it to be.

I want to remove this pre reuirement. So i want to create an executable file which can place my excel sheet(may be a folder with excel and vb script file) in required path.

I have VS 2010 professional installed in my system. Can somebody guide me in creating executable file from VS 2010 for the above scenario.

Thanks,

Panchi

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS testing issue.

Since you want to create an executable file form VS, you can consult on

Visual Studio Language Forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=vslanguages for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS testing issue.

Since you want to create an executable file form VS, you can consult on

Visual Studio Language Forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=vslanguages for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:25 AM
  • Thanks for your time:)

Sure i will post it on appropriate forum.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:56 AM