IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• HDview does not work properly in IE8, in either its native mode or "emulate IE7 mode".  I get a small white box with a red x in it (broken picture?) in the upper left corner of the screen.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:39 PM

All replies

• I'm using IE 8 Beta 1 and it "works for me"--could you post a link to the page that's broken?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:23 PM
  • Every page I've tried has the issue, if you want an example, http://www.hankkarl.com/Mystic-Seaport/Morgan2/Morgan2.htm

FF 3 displays it with no problem.

this line seems to be the problem:
    document.hdvControl.object.FileName= val;

the .object is null , which is what the debugger complains about.

the stack is:

Jscript global code
    setProperty
    setArgs
    onLoad

setProperty shows the calling routine to be

line 179  eval(hdvobj + '.' + prop + '= val;');

where
    hdvobj is "document.hdvControl.object",
    prop is "FileName" and
    val is "http://www.hankkarl.com/Mystic-Seaport/LobsterShack/Lobster-Shack.xml"  (note this is a different page than above--I wanted a clean load)

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:40 AM
  • Both panoramas (Morgan.htm and Lobster-Shack.xml) work fine for me on IE8 Beta 1 with the default Security/Advanced settings and the released HDView.  We added a fix regarding international decimal point notation to the HDView javascript; I doubt that would affect it but maybe you could try again?

Nice panoramas by the way!

Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Thanks!

Tried again, same issue.  I set the security stuff to default, and even re-loaded IE8 from the website today.  Don't know if Java makes a difference, but I'm running 1.6.0_07-b06

IE 8 is a beta, so I'm not too worried about it.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:37 PM
  • Looking at the error again, its caused by the line     eval(hdvobj + '.' + prop + '= val;');

A couple of the variables:

document.hdvControl.object                    null
    document.hdvControl.object.FileName     Object required

Seems like the hdvControl.object shouldn't be null.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 5:03 PM
  • I'm thinking we should just use "document.hdvControl" without the ".object".

I've uploaded the change to the HDView javascript; could you try running again on both IE8 and IE7?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:19 PM