none
Execute a .exe from my Windows 8.1. application

Question

• Hi Everybody,

I 've tried to add a new functionality for a application of Windows 8.1 , this is developed for a Panasonic toughpad, very seemed to a tablet. This toughpad contains a led light (flash camera) but in my develop haven't was possible that the torchcontrol.Support returns true for its operation.

Panasonic has develop a utilitary that turn on the led light, this is lightsw.exe, this is foundinstalled on c:/Programs/Panasonic/../lightsw.exe. If I execute this .exe when my application is run, all works fine. The application and led light works fine together. But I can't execute this .exe, the System.Diagnostics work not...

The panasonic lightsw utilitary is composed by three files, lightsw.exe, lightsw.dll and lightsw.lib.  My other idea was add this 3 files to the project, and run it but worked not.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:27 PM

Answers

• You may have to ask Panasonic how to integrate their utilities into your development environment.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi JolivaresR,

This forum is used to discussed about the question developer come across when developing app with App Studio, so I will move your thread in order that your post could be in the right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 6:20 AM
  • You may have to ask Panasonic how to integrate their utilities into your development environment.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 2:17 PM