Tune Up Check List RRS feed

• Question

• Tune up runs great on my windows xp pro sp2 machine with all patches installed. I have only one thing to report and that is the Remove unnecessary files was in yellow. With this message "This task was not performed because of an unkown problem. Try running-tune up again. If you continue to have problems, please contact Help Center"

The help documentation is terrible and the troubleshooting is worse it only repeats what the help already has said.

Monday, August 13, 2007 12:58 PM

Answers

• This problem with Disk Cleanup failing in Tune-up has been reported already. I don't know the status of a fix for it, but I do expect that one is forthcoming since it is affecting a very large number if users, myself included.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:09 PM

All replies

• The same here.

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:48 PM
  • This problem with Disk Cleanup failing in Tune-up has been reported already. I don't know the status of a fix for it, but I do expect that one is forthcoming since it is affecting a very large number if users, myself included.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:09 PM
  • i also have the same problem steve ..plus my defrag has the same message..i am wondering if the tune-up is still doing his work or i should do it manully..

Saturday, August 18, 2007 12:17 PM
  • If you are using Vista, Defrag runs in the background. If you are on XP, you may want to run it manually for now.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:27 AM