remove plus sign for Address Book RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm currently having an issue with OCS integrating with my PBX, since it cannot process calls that comes with the + sign on front. If I dial a number directly with my communicator without the +, the call goes fine, but with it, it fails. So, I started configuring all the phone numbers in the AD users without the + sign, the problem is that the Address book doesn't like this and the DB doesn't process them. So I need this + sing in order to get the numbers inside the Address Book DB.
    Is there a way to process this numbers into the AB DB without the + sign? Or is this design not configurable?
    Thank you.

Eduardo Rojas
    Friday, October 16, 2009 10:14 PM

Answers

• You can configure the address book to normalize numbers however you like by deploying and customizing a Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file.  Keep in mind that you can also use the RemovePlusFromRequestURI setting on your mediation server or configure your gateway to remove the plus to prevent it from being sent to your PBX.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Friday, October 16, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Hi

little tip:
    By default, if number normalization rule does not include +, it won't show up in address book except if you append ;phone-context=dialstring at the end of the resulting rule in Company_Phone_number_Normalization_rules.txt
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:26 PM

All replies

• You can configure the address book to normalize numbers however you like by deploying and customizing a Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file.  Keep in mind that you can also use the RemovePlusFromRequestURI setting on your mediation server or configure your gateway to remove the plus to prevent it from being sent to your PBX.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Friday, October 16, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Hi

little tip:
    By default, if number normalization rule does not include +, it won't show up in address book except if you append ;phone-context=dialstring at the end of the resulting rule in Company_Phone_number_Normalization_rules.txt
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:26 PM
  • thanks for the answers!, I haven't been able to test this since my OCS trial period expired, I I'm in the process of getting the full version, I'll get back to you as soon as I test this.
    Thank you
    Eduardo Rojas
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:06 PM