Windows Genuine Advantage download RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am using a Windows XP Genuine to download Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for my laptop with Windows Vista Genuine as it recently crashed, I tried to download but failed at 16% or 160MB everytime I download, if the file can be added to Windows Live account for me to download smoothly when tested genuine, it would be an advantage for all slow broadband users. Thanks.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hello plshlpme,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation issues. Your post does not appear to a be Vista Activation or Validation related and, as such is, unfortunately, off-topic (as well as outside my main area of knowledge).

It is true that you have to pass a Genuine check before you can download the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK), but the fact that you are able to get to 16% shows that you did pass the Genuine check.  Other then the check, WGA has not direct relationship to the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) or the Microsoft Download site.

At the bottom of the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) download page, there should be a Contact Us link that may be of help.  Other then that, I don't know how I can help.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS 

Friday, September 18, 2009 5:10 PM