none
What is the exam if I complete the course "6420A"? RRS feed

• Question

• the course name is "6420A:Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Network and Applications Infrastructure" what kind of certificate I can get ?

thank you for your help

Sunday, May 2, 2010 11:49 AM

Answers

• This is a server 2008 networking fundamentals course and really doesn't directly relate to a particular certification.  It may help in the pursuit of either the 70-642 (Network Infrastructure) or 70-643 (Applications Infrastructure) but should not be considered to be the be all to end all in knowledge for these exams.

Monday, May 3, 2010 1:12 PM
    Answerer
  • Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the Microsoft courses do not map directly to certification exams.  Often there are multiple courses that each cover part of the skills for an exam and that there are some skills that are not directly covered by any exams.  For those skills not covered by any courses it is expected that you would learn those skills from other sources (i.e. MSDN, TechNet and hopefully real life, on-the-job experience)!

Saturday, May 8, 2010 5:15 AM

All replies

• This is a server 2008 networking fundamentals course and really doesn't directly relate to a particular certification.  It may help in the pursuit of either the 70-642 (Network Infrastructure) or 70-643 (Applications Infrastructure) but should not be considered to be the be all to end all in knowledge for these exams.

Monday, May 3, 2010 1:12 PM
    Answerer
  • Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the Microsoft courses do not map directly to certification exams.  Often there are multiple courses that each cover part of the skills for an exam and that there are some skills that are not directly covered by any exams.  For those skills not covered by any courses it is expected that you would learn those skills from other sources (i.e. MSDN, TechNet and hopefully real life, on-the-job experience)!

Saturday, May 8, 2010 5:15 AM