none
"Stop" button functionality RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Sync Toy v2 and I have set up 3 pairs of folders to "echo" sync successfully - I think.  One folder pair contains my home videos - over 300 gig of files.  Since I was syncing over a network, copy times were rather long (of course) so after about 8 hours at the end of the day, I pressed the "Stop" button.  Sync Toy indeed stopped immediately and I shut down my PC.  The next day, I went back into Sync Toy and did a preview - it seemed to notice the files I had already copied the day previously and indicated the remaining ones left.  I then pressed "Run" and let it complete.

It appears that all of my files are indeed on my new NAS and everything worked, however, the summary info is throwing me off by reporting too many files and too many bytes of data (twice as many in both cases).  I think this is a "feature" from a previous post but can someone verify that Sync Toy will work in the fashion that I used it with regards to the Stop button?

Thanx in advance! 
    Monday, January 26, 2009 11:35 PM

Answers

• Its a known fact that synching takes a long time[specially for the first go].

Did u get the preview before Stop button?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:09 AM

All replies

• Its a known fact that synching takes a long time[specially for the first go].

Did u get the preview before Stop button?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:09 AM
  • Hi -

It can look like twice the number of files - because it is counting files on both sides. And yes the "Stop" button will stop the sync and then resume depending on what files were successfully synced previously.

THanks

deepa

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:43 PM