none
Lear to create web applications RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I would really like to start learning to create web based applications but don't really know where to start?

I do not currently have any coding experience which makes this even harder. I have made a couple of small php/mysql driven web apps using WYSIWYG Web Builder program  but that was basically drag & drop features.

My question is where do I start learning to create web applications using Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Visual Studio for instance?

Is there a specific coding language I should learn first?  (C, C+, C++, C#, Java...ect)

My company won't send me for training and the internet has so many different opinions that I am even more uncertain after asking around..

The web based application should be CRUD ready and it should be accessible from the internet.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:26 PM

Answers

• A good place to start is www.asp.net. This web site contains plenty of tutorials and examples, some of them very simple.

You can also visit the Microsoft Virtual Academy (https://mva.microsoft.com/). It contains free tutorials with videos and additional materials.

There is also an official course, 20486, which deals with creating web applications, but this is not an introductory course and it presumes that you are already proficient at writing code. It may be useul to pay for  this instructor-led course once you already know the basics, if you want to be guided in learning more advanced techniques.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:57 PM

All replies

• A good place to start is www.asp.net. This web site contains plenty of tutorials and examples, some of them very simple.

You can also visit the Microsoft Virtual Academy (https://mva.microsoft.com/). It contains free tutorials with videos and additional materials.

There is also an official course, 20486, which deals with creating web applications, but this is not an introductory course and it presumes that you are already proficient at writing code. It may be useul to pay for  this instructor-led course once you already know the basics, if you want to be guided in learning more advanced techniques.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:57 PM
  • Thank you Alberto,

I checked out www.asp.net and it looks like I may learn a lot there actually.

Will check out the others you mentioned as well..

Friday, November 6, 2015 8:57 AM