Digital Media not showing up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have WHS2011 and all my home video stored on it along wit music and pictures. 

For some reason, when i add a video file into a share folder (With media streaming enabled) it can take hours if not days to be shown on my smart TV. 

Its completely random as some show up in a matter of seconds and can be played on the TV straight away.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Many Thanks

Cooperpa

Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Cooperpa,

Would you please let me confirm whether install all windows updates for the WHS 2011?

-->when i add a video file into a share folder

By the way, was it a large video file? Please attempt to add a small video file and check if encounter the same issue.

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:31 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:16 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Cooperpa,

Would you please let me confirm whether install all windows updates for the WHS 2011?

-->when i add a video file into a share folder

By the way, was it a large video file? Please attempt to add a small video file and check if encounter the same issue.

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:31 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:16 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Hi, Yes I have all update installed. It does them automatically. They aren't massive files. About 1.1gb. Could it really be file size? All the files I add are around this size and the time it takes to show up is completely random.
    Friday, February 13, 2015 5:46 PM