CRM2015 Goal Rollup Fields RRS feed

• Question

• Process: Roll up number of lives won by a sales manager

I have a process created on a commission entity that has the number of lives won for an opportunity by RVP. On the User record I have a field that rolls up the count of these commission records however I am struggling to figure out how to create a goal metric using this rollup field. When I go into the goal metric entity to create the record I do not see this rollup field listed in the selection list. I must be missing some step but cant seem to figure out what I am missing. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank Jenn

Friday, October 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Answers

• I'm not entirely clear what you are trying to measure but it sounds like you want to create a goal metric using a field on the user record and the field is defined as a Rollup field.

I don't think you can use the user entity for goals or indeed fields that are defined as rollup fields.

I would look to create a metric on the commission entity defined as Amount, type integer and then add the rollup fields section of the goal metric form to add the entity (commission) and the field (number of lives).  There is no need for you to create any rollup fields.

Note: defining a field as rollup field in Customization is different from adding rollup fields to a goal metric.

• Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:42 PM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 4:59 PM