VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Any guidance on running the walkthroughs under vs 2010. Things seemed to be working ok until I got to "Walkthrough: Creating a Silverlight Offline Client Application". ListClientTestPage.aspx renders the silverlight client fine, but when I click the refresh data button I am getting "The remote server returned an error: NotFound." which I believe is indicative of the server not running. I have tracing set up on the server but nothing is getting logged. The debugger is stepping into DefaultScope.DefaultScopeSyncService.InitializeService fine, so something must be happening after this point that is causing things to fail.

I'm on a 64bit win7 machine. I have vs 2010 ultimate running as administrator. I'm pretty sure that I followed the steps pretty closely but I could have missed something. Or it could be that the walkthroughs specify vs 2008.

(I actually found an unrelated typo in "Walkthrough: Creating a Sample Database" Task 1, step 3 has "sqlcmd -S (local) -i instlisdb.sql" and it should be "sqlcmd -S (local) -i instlistdb.sql" - missing a "t")

Thanks!

Dan Griffin

Friday, June 11, 2010 6:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

We had someone here hit the same issue building with vs 2010.  The issue we had was the fact that VS seems to run the development server as 32-bit.  Can you try installing the 32-bit synchronization runtime msi (x86\Synchronization-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi) and try again?

Aaron

SDE, Microsoft Sync Framework
    Friday, June 11, 2010 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

We had someone here hit the same issue building with vs 2010.  The issue we had was the fact that VS seems to run the development server as 32-bit.  Can you try installing the 32-bit synchronization runtime msi (x86\Synchronization-v2.1-x86-ENU.msi) and try again?

Aaron

SDE, Microsoft Sync Framework
    Friday, June 11, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Perfect! that did it for me...thanks so much - you just kept me from thinking about this all weekend!

Dan

Friday, June 11, 2010 7:54 PM