AD: no "Information Technology" node RRS feed

• Question

• In AD users and computers: there isn't any "information technology" OU.

I need this OU to add users, and to enable users for communications server.

any idea?

thanks 

Monday, June 25, 2007 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using the OCS Ignite documents to install OCS? Those docs are specific to the OCS Ignite VMs. The Information Technology OU is a made up OU at the made up company NorthWind Traders.

Please verify what documents you are using? You can use those docs as guides to help you with your installation, but you have to alter the steps to match your environment.

You can use the actual documentation for the public beta release, see the FAQs for where to get them.

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:41 PM
  • I created my "information technology" OU. And it works now.

actually I had a problem with sip uri creation.

thanks for your help

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Romain_fr,

I am not sure if I understood correctly. You wrote "there isn't any "information technology OU" in AD users and computers.

Did you already create this specific OU and it does not appear in AD on all DCs or what information do you need exactly ?

Regards

Athanasios

Monday, June 25, 2007 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

Are you using the OCS Ignite documents to install OCS? Those docs are specific to the OCS Ignite VMs. The Information Technology OU is a made up OU at the made up company NorthWind Traders.

Please verify what documents you are using? You can use those docs as guides to help you with your installation, but you have to alter the steps to match your environment.

You can use the actual documentation for the public beta release, see the FAQs for where to get them.

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:41 PM
  • yes i'm using the OCS Ignite documents to install OCS. I'm sorry i didn't understand that the information technology OU was setup before the lab. Do i need an OU?

But i still have a problem with user creation because i created two users but can't see them in OCS.

maybe i must create an other post.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

If you are using VMs from Lab, the OU is already created. If not, you don`t need this OU. You can create any OU and Enable communication features in the created OU.

I hope can be helpfull

Regards

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:45 PM
  • Hello romain_fr,

If you created 2 users in your environment and enabled them for OCS you should wait a little bit until user replicator has finished his work.

Excerpt from the whitepaper :

Before you try to test or verify any end user functionality, verify that the changes you made to enable users have been replicated by the Office Communications Server User Replicator. Replication has succeeded when you see event ID 30024 in the event log.

In case you did that and it still doesn`t work, please open a new thread.

Thanks and Regards

Athanasios

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:50 PM
  • I created my "information technology" OU. And it works now.

actually I had a problem with sip uri creation.

thanks for your help

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:51 AM