CRM with SharePoint integration: Add new documents from CRM, based on templates RRS feed

• Question

• We have integrated our Dynamics CRM with SharePoint, all hosted in the cloud.

When viewing the documents through an entity in the CRM, is it possible to allow the user to create new documents based on a template?

Example: On the Opportunity under the Document tab, if I click New, I get the option to create a file, which then opens in web apps. Ideally, I'd like this to give templates as options as well (either as templates added to CRM, or based on templates set up in Sharepoint).

Is this at all possible at this point?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hello !

I don't know if you are interested in a 3rd Party solution. If thats the case you can take a look into our DocumentsCorePack.

We have a solution called DocumentsCorePack which let you design templates in Word and the user clicks in CRM on Create Document button, selects a template and the product fills in dynamically data from CRM into the template and generates a document out of it.

This document can be a doc,docx but also a pdf or various other file formats. At the end this document will be saved in the correct SharePoint location and the user can open the document to modify it.

Please let me know, if that sounds interesting for you.

Christian Ternek, www.mscrm-addons.com
    follow us twitter.com/mscrmaddons

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Well, ideally it can be done without any 3rd-party solutions. We're a small company that benefits from not deviating too much from the standard solution :-)
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:21 PM