Office Pro Plus 2007 Volume License Won't Validate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Last week I discovered that none of the office apps will open on a faculty workstation that I set up in an instructional technology lab. I receive the following error message:

"(app name) has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

I thought that it may be due to office needing to be validated as the machine did not have internet connectivity until last week (the problem was a discovered before the computer was connected to the internet). I tried to validate but received the following:

"The computer has failed validation. Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007: Validation Incomplete [0x80180112]"

I then began the process of uninstalling and reinstalling office (again installing for all users and then just as one user), researching the problem on the web, following troubleshooting steps from Microsoft's knowledgebase, and going to the MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostic site (everything showed "passed"), running another dignostic tool (921541.exe)..all to no avail. Also, I checked and I AM able to open and use all office apps in Safe Mode.

This is a brand new out-of-the-box computer running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2.

Note: I have another computer exactly the same that has office installed (using the same installation disk) and it is not experiencing any problems opening office. The only difference between the two is that the machine having the error did not have internet connectivity until late last week.

I found and ran the Genuine Diagnostic tool and received the results below. Any enlightenment you can provide would be  GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Cindy Yamaguchi

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {3D03E076-0C65-41F2-A4B2-344B588920C6}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 112 License Store Error
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1_63BB5E84-304-80070005_16E0B333-80-80070005_B4D0AA8B-911-80070005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{3D03E076-0C65-41F2-A4B2-344B588920C6}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-300732490-3458310004-243192630</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>OptiPlex 745                 </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>2.3.1 </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20070521000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID/><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Hawaiian Standard Time(GMT-10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Optiplex GX745</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>112</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>112</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>808778F919EA586</Val><Hash>pOgEdVI+sfiFBvx6248HnuwOLac=</Hash><Pid>89409-707-0230036-65850</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:59 PM

Answers

• Cindy,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information, however if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

The diag report indicates you are having a License Store Error (code 112).  The 2007 Office programs take full advantage of the self-repairing features that are offered by Microsoft Windows Installer.  If a resource that you must have to start a 2007 Office program is missing, such as a file or a registry key, the Windows Installer detects the missing resource and repairs the program.  The following Knowledge Base Article (KB):  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924614/en-us describes how the repair process in the 2007 Microsoft Office system programs works.  Additionally, this article lists step-by-step methods that describe how you can use the repair process in the 2007 Office programs.

Curious are there any trial version of Office 2007 installed whatsoever?  When Trial versions of Office 2007 are left on the computer and retail versions of Office are subsequently installed alongside the Trial the OGA control sees the Trial version, which of course cannot be activated or validated, and then flags the computer as having a non-genuine installation of Office. This could be a source for problems. 

Thank you Cindy,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:07 PM

All replies

• Cindy,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide the following information, however if the issue persists I would recommend you contact Microsoft Office support at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport and choosing your product to create a support incident.

The diag report indicates you are having a License Store Error (code 112).  The 2007 Office programs take full advantage of the self-repairing features that are offered by Microsoft Windows Installer.  If a resource that you must have to start a 2007 Office program is missing, such as a file or a registry key, the Windows Installer detects the missing resource and repairs the program.  The following Knowledge Base Article (KB):  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924614/en-us describes how the repair process in the 2007 Microsoft Office system programs works.  Additionally, this article lists step-by-step methods that describe how you can use the repair process in the 2007 Office programs.

Curious are there any trial version of Office 2007 installed whatsoever?  When Trial versions of Office 2007 are left on the computer and retail versions of Office are subsequently installed alongside the Trial the OGA control sees the Trial version, which of course cannot be activated or validated, and then flags the computer as having a non-genuine installation of Office. This could be a source for problems. 

Thank you Cindy,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:07 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've tried pretty much everything that I can think of on this problem, including running the repair feature you mentioned, checking permissions, plus all of the things I mentioned above. Also, there were no trial versions of Office loaded.

Is there any insight you can give me as to why Office would work perfectly in Safe Mode only? I know that drivers, etc. are not loaded but do you know of something specific that wouldn't be loaded that would cause something like this?

Again, thanks!

Regards,

Cindy

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:20 PM