I have an application for which I am doing a proof of concept. The application is an outage reporting application. A call gets routed to Speech Server 2007 from a PBX (in my simulation I am using X-lite to call a media gateway). Speech server 2007 then talks to a web service which determines if the Calling Party has an outage in their area. If there is an outage in the calling party's area then a message is played otherwise no message is played. Next, the call is transferred back to the main menu of a PBX (I am using a different IVR to simulate this). The calls coming into the Speech Server also pass through a Dialogic 2120 Media Gateway. I am using a Sip phone to call the media gateway that is then routing the call to the speech server. If an outage message is played the call transfers correctly. If no message is played, because no outage exists the transfer fails 75% of the time. If I add a speech activity to the workflow to say something like 'transferring' for calls without an outage message then everything works Ok. However, I don't want any speech whatsoever spoken when there is no outage message. I just want to do a transfer. I don't know how to fix this. I have tried adding delays into the workflow, but get the same results. It seems like I have to have speech server speak something. This problem, however, does not appear to happen when I call the speech server directly from a SIP Phone and cut out the media gateway.