locked
CRM Asynchronous Processing Service RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    On my CRM 4.0 system the Asynchronous Processing Service is not running. It is set to Automatic/Network Service.  If I start it I get a mesage that it started and stopped some services do this if they have nothing to do and the service never becomes started.

     

    My workflows are not working. They say Waiting for Resources. I have no errors in the Application or System logs that are relevant.

     

    And I have checked the articles about host headers and port numbers and changing the database.

     

    First question, should this service be actually running or not.

    Secondly, if so, where else can I check?

     

     

    Friday, February 22, 2008 1:51 PM
    Moderator

Answers

  •  

    I believe that I have my own answer.

     

    1) The CRM Asynchronous Process Service should be running

    2) The failure appeared to be caused by trying to install the Data Migration Manager on the CRM server. This screwed things up.

     

    The fix was a repair install of CRM 4.0 from the original media: - not too painful, took about 10 minutes. All is now wonderful.

    Friday, February 22, 2008 3:13 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  •  

    I believe that I have my own answer.

     

    1) The CRM Asynchronous Process Service should be running

    2) The failure appeared to be caused by trying to install the Data Migration Manager on the CRM server. This screwed things up.

     

    The fix was a repair install of CRM 4.0 from the original media: - not too painful, took about 10 minutes. All is now wonderful.

    Friday, February 22, 2008 3:13 PM
    Moderator
  •  

    check your event logs for related events/errors.
    Friday, March 7, 2008 12:55 AM
  • Hi Guys

     

    I had this issue a couple of days ago and it turned out the user had changed their windows password and therefore the async service could not logon as it had the users old password as the logon credentials for the service.

     

    all i did was reset the passsword on the service on the log on tab and it worked a charm, and only took a couple of seconds...

     

    hope that helps and saves time in the future

     

    Allan

     

     

     

    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:26 AM
  • Performing a repair installation of CRM 4.0 solved the issue for me.

    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:36 PM