Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched every entry in this form and the other WHS Vail forums.  I am trying to do the Creating a Remote Access Add-in.  From the SDK.

My development machine is using Visual Studio 2008 Standard running Windows 7 Pro.  No matter what I try I am getting

Could not load file or assembly 'Wssg.RemoteAccessSite' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified.  The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

I figured it was my development machine so I installed Visual Studio on the WHS PC and when I navigate to http://localhost/VailSandBox I get the same error. 

I am using the default application pool under WHS and created the IIS application using the defaults.  Any suggestions?

I have more to add.  (30 minutes later)

I got cute and copied the binary files from C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess\Bin  to my C:\VailSandbox\Bin directory and now I am getting

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Web.RemoteAccessSite.LogOn.OnInit(EventArgs e) +345
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +142
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The bin files in the SDK are dated 9/2009 while the files in the RemoteAccess\Bin are 4/2010.  The files sizes are also different.  I am wondering are the dll's for the Remote Access sample in the SDK files no longer valid?  Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:14 AM