none
Browser-based VPN app for MS Edge? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a browser-based VPN app for the MS Edge browser, if I can learn how to make one first.  But I wanted to use C++.  Is this really viable?  If all I need is some JavaScript code and a JSON file, maybe using C++ isn't a good idea?  Or would it be better for C++ in this case?  

Of course, I could just try to provide the API that Browsec needs to work on Edge.  But I don't know what that API is or how to make it.

This is probably not the best forum to place this in.  But I didn't know where else to put it.  Sorry.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi DragonOsman2,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

It seems your issue is about development, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE and I will help you move this thread to the Where is the Forum For…? Forum to seek for an appropriate forum for your questions.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Okay, thanks for moving it here.  Hopefully it'll be moved to the correct forum soon.

Anyway, I just got a reply from the Browsec support team a bit ago.  I was told that the API they require is one that changes proxy settings.  I'm kind of scared now.  I don't know how to change proxy settings or even what to change them to, and I don't want to end up breaking something.  But I want Browsec to become available on Edge, so I'll ask:

1. How are proxy settings implemented in the Edge browser?

2. How can an app change those settings (no hacker-like ways, just the "company-supported" way)?

3. What should they be changed to?  Again, I really don't want to break something.  

4. If I do make the API, how can I have it added to the Edge browser?

Thanks in advance for the answers, if any.  

• Edited by DragonOsman2 Thursday, November 2, 2017 12:16 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 12:15 PM
  • I'd try ask for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 12:41 PM
  • Alright, but can't it just be moved to one of those forums?  Should probably be the IE Development one.  
    Friday, November 3, 2017 4:05 PM
  • The simplest method is to re-ask your question (copy / paste) in the desired forum.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 3, 2017 4:43 PM