none
Microsoft money Account corruption RRS feed

• Question

• I've used MS Money for years without problem. last year I got hold of a copy of Money 2005 and upgraded. No problem so far and then I tried to load automatic price updating on an investment account within the range of accounts I have. Some would download ok, some refused and some down loaded in pence rather than pounds and made me fell 11 times richer!!. I took these off automatic but was left with two residual problems.. First all data entry is now in pence so if I enter 100 it records £1.00 instead of £100.00 as it should. Secondly, while the individual investment account is seemingly integral, it will not carry the total account value to the global account summary and does not appear in any reports I try to create. its in there somewhere but doesn't show itself. Seems like these two issues linked. Anyone out there experienced this. I've played around for yonks and can't find any where I can reset something to fix it. Running repair is a waste of time
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:24 AM

All replies

• 1. Look for a setting similiar to Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->AutomaticallyInsertDecimalPointInAmountField and un-tick that..

2. Make sure that the investment account is not marked as a Watch (pretend) account in the account Details. You can get to the AccountSettings by right-clicking the account in the AccountList

3. See if your version in Help->About is 14.0.120.1105 SP2.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Cal Learner, thanks..have given it a whirl..using your numbers
    1. Can get to “Change your global account settings but this is in effect a page to change individual account settings and these do not include decimal point option. Am I looking in the wrong place??
    2. It was marked as Watch account but unticking has made no difference. It still doesn’t carry through to account summary
    3.  Help Version is 14.0.120.730. Is there an update I need to get? Where?
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:38 PM
  • 1. Maybe. The path I suggested is not for individual accounts.

2. Closing Money, installing the updated version, and opening again may fix this for you.

3. Priority: See the first posting in this forum. Install Money 2005 UK using the link provided. This may fix all kinds of things for you.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Many thanks.

Eventual fiddling found solutions as your 1 and 2. Can't clearly identify the link in 3. sorry to be a pain, can you be a bit clearer??

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:24 PM
  • Cal Learner,

You're a star.Many thanks.

It's tough for we illiterates, without performers like you in this sort of forum

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:46 PM