Replacing Reuter RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new reuter and I'd like to replace it seemlessly in my wirelss network that is protcted by OneCare. Is there a way to do that without necessarily changing the WEP, the network name ? I didn't try it yet but before changing all computers and XBOX SID key, I'd like to see if anyone has experience doing that. Thanks, 

Saturday, November 8, 2008 6:08 PM

Answers

• After connecting the router go to the router set up page and in the Wireless Security section enter your current WEP key and SSID. If you used One Care to secure your wireless network,to view your network key open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections>Details.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:01 PM

All replies

• After connecting the router go to the router set up page and in the Wireless Security section enter your current WEP key and SSID. If you used One Care to secure your wireless network,to view your network key open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections>Details.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:01 PM
  • i tried that the details box was greyed.

gary

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:11 PM
  •  gsimms24 wrote:

i tried that the details box was greyed.

gary

That means that you did not configure the wireless security from the PC you are looking at the OneCare settings from.

-steve

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:04 AM
  • It worked for me.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:38 PM