live onecare subscription premature expiration RRS feed

• Question

• To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this email on behalf of my father who has bought a brand new laptop back in February of this year from Future shop. Along with it, he purchased the Windows Live OneCare-All in one security and performance service (service desk edition). He paid future shop to install it for him. Since last week, it has indicated that he is at risk and the subscription has expired. I went to future shop and they said that it was installed and set for one year. We were advised to ensure that all other updates that could be updated have been completed which I did. Then, I was advised to put the install disc again. It said that it was already installed. So, that is where I am having a problem. Why did it expire when it has already been installed and paid for for the year? I don't know what else to do. I certainly hope you could give me some suggestions. Future shop said that if you can't help me, I will have to go to them.

Thank you so much in advance for your help regarding this matter. 

Joanna R.

Monday, July 21, 2008 12:32 AM

Answers

• Hello, Joanna.

If you have not already removed OneCare from the PC< you can't reinstall it. Perhaps the information below will help, though:

If your subscription to OneCare shows incorrect or expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:00 PM