Driver Development RRS feed

• Question

• I'm interested in writing a driver, specifically for Vista x64.

It will be a [virtual] joystick driver. My aim is to create something similar to the ppjoy project, but add support with a 64-bit driver.

I had the DDK sent to me some time ago, so I have it on a DVD somewhere, but I don't have the information needed to actually write a device driver.

Can anyone point me to the right forum to get help, or even a book/tutorial I could read to learn how to develop the device driver in question?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:19 PM

Answers

• I suggest you visit the microsoft.public.development.device.drivers newsgroup.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:06 PM

All replies

• I suggest you visit the microsoft.public.development.device.drivers newsgroup.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Here is a tutorial where you can get started
    Windows Driver Development Tutorial

This is not a complete and advanced tutorial. But it will help you to get started and learn the practical aspects.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 4:12 AM
  • have finish the project? do you think I also need to have driver for my virtual keyboard?
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:19 AM