Sync'ing Filtered Data RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my scenario - I'm using Sync Services to sync a SqlCe client with an Oracle backend.  I have a table Cases with a field AssignedTo.  The incrementals use a where clause to filter the data sync'ed to the client (download only) - e.g. select * from cases where assignedto = "someuser".

How do I identify and handle data on the client if a record has the assignedto field changed on the master?
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 5:22 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:31 PM

All replies

• hi viperguynaz,

my solution to deal with this issue was to seperate the "assignment" from the actual object. So I would recommend to have your table "cases" and another table "assignment" that assigns a case to an user.

In your insert/update/delete scripts you can now use the tracking information of the assignment table (joins will do the thing).

What this solution also solved for me was that this way I could also sync "old" cases (say having anchor x) after they were newly assigned to a user although the cases table for this user already was at anchor x + something.

hth,
    Andreas
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:07 AM