Add existing Contact button missing from ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I’m not 100% about this, hence what I’m asking.  In an Account form, I want to add a contact that’s exists in my Contacts list on CRM 2011 rollup 11.  I’m sure there used to be a button that said "Add Existing Contact" from the Accounts ribbon when the Contacts Navigation link was clicked.

Has this button ever existed or have i lost my mind?  ;)

regards,

crm-me.

Have a good day.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:46 AM

Answers

• Is the Parent Customer field on the Contact Business Required? If this is the case then CRM automatically removes the 'Add Existing' button from the parent entity, in this case the Account.

To get the add existing button back the lookup field needs to be either Business Recommended, or No Constraint.

Hope that helps!

-Paul

• Marked as answer by Fultz Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:07 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:58 AM

All replies

• Once in an Account record, select Contacts from the left navigation (assuming permissions are set correctly).

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Fultz Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Fultz Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by JLattimerMVP, Moderator Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:44 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:41 AM
  • Once again,  thank you Jason.

Have a good day.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Feel free to mark this thread as answered if it helped so the next person searching the forums can easily identify it :)

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Hi Jason, I 'm in the process of working out the issue. No default data has been modified, i.e. form entities, security role etc. With Security Roles does the most restrictive permission in a Role take precedence, similar to Windows Security permission?

thanks,

Have a good day.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:34 AM
  • No - just the opposite if a user is assigned a role with a permission or inherits it from a team, the user gets the permission. There is no concept of an explicit "deny" like in Windows.  

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:48 AM
  • Is there anything else that could be effecting the "Add Existing Contact" button? Below is the Contact setting I have for our Business Unit, could you confirm they are correct, thanks.

Have a good day.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:58 AM
  • That looks pretty close the default Salesperson role which should have that button available.

About the only other thing I can think of would be to ask if you have any other customizations to the ribbon or otherwise that might be hiding the button.

I'd be curious to see a screenshot maybe of what you see as well.

Jason Lattimer

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Hi. I have attached a screenshot of an Accounts form while in the contacts navigation area.  I haven't made any modifications to the Action Ribbon, I’m not at that stage yet;)

Have a good day.

• Edited by Fultz Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:49 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:48 PM
  • Is the Parent Customer field on the Contact Business Required? If this is the case then CRM automatically removes the 'Add Existing' button from the parent entity, in this case the Account.

To get the add existing button back the lookup field needs to be either Business Recommended, or No Constraint.

Hope that helps!

-Paul

• Marked as answer by Fultz Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:07 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Guys thank you both for the excellent assistance.

If i had the Contact to Account relationship set to Many to Many, could that work so i could I set Parent Customer to Reqired in the Contact form? Would the Add Existing Contact appear then?

Have a good day.

• Edited by Fultz Friday, November 2, 2012 12:06 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:08 PM
  • Hi,

Check the logged in user  security role,

for contacts user should have write privelge , as per your screen shot of the security roles, it has the write permission

can you please check the user belongs to the team ,as well as if the user has multiple security roles

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jhansi

Friday, November 2, 2012 6:37 AM