Is the current 70-448 exam based on SQL Sever 2008 or SQL Sever 2008 R2? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just starting to prepare for the 70-448 Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance exam and I have the developer's edition of SQL Sever 2008 R2 installed on my system. I just want to make sure that SS 2008 R2 is the appropriate edition to use for preparation. I don't want to become accustomed to functionality that doesn't exist in 2008 and then end up taking an exam based on 2008.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know exactly if it was upgraded to R2, but that makes no difference to the exam. I've used R2 for the preparation (and it makes sense because some great preparation Material like the BI Training Course works with R2). Like said, in my opinion there's no relevant difference (in terms of the exam) between BI work on 2008 and BI work on 2008 R2.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by AJQue Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:35 AM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:25 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I think that this exam was not updated to R2, as the MOC classes were not updated aswell. Only admin and developer exams should be R2, BI might still be 2008 only.

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:20 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know exactly if it was upgraded to R2, but that makes no difference to the exam. I've used R2 for the preparation (and it makes sense because some great preparation Material like the BI Training Course works with R2). Like said, in my opinion there's no relevant difference (in terms of the exam) between BI work on 2008 and BI work on 2008 R2.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by AJQue Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:35 AM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:25 PM
    Answerer