VS2012 Express for Win8: Tablet simulator rotation messes up mouse controls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I was following the tutorials about the hands-on-labs of camp in a box, specifically the number 2 of the Contoso cookbook, the one which deals with device orientation.

When I launch the application in the simulator and rotate the device using the appropriate buttons, my mouse controls get switched as well: what I mean is that if I rotate clockwise 90 degrees the simulator, then my trackpad will follow the new orientation of the device, such that if I mouse the mouse "UP", the cursor on the screen will go "RIGHT" and all the others accordingly.

What is even worse is that this effect:
    a) persists even when I am not focusing on the simulator but on other elements of the desktop (such as other applications opened)

b) this effect persists even after I close the simulator and stop debugging.

It vanishes when I close VS. The two-finger scrolls of the pages, instead, are always working properly in the right direction.

Any ideas? I cannot open and close VS all the times! Merry x-mas to all.

(I am on a Thinkpad T530 machine, using Win8 64 bits and VS2012 express for Win8, using the Lenovo drivers for the trackpad).

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:47 AM

Answers

All replies