Problem displaying Microsoft Money Portfolio of a *.mny file on one computer but not anther. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a similar problem. I am not sure I am on the right forum but, if I'm not, I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have 2 different *.mny files. One, which I have been running for 4 years, and another one for 10. All of a sudden, the larger file (the 10 year one) has started crashing every time I try to go to the Portfolio (which only displays blank blocks and the occasional line from the previous screen). I am puzzled by the fact that the other file works fine and this one also works on a different PC. Unfortunately, I need to make them both work on the same PC. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Any suggestions?

Thank you. 

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• Right forum, but it should be on its own thread. I will split it into a separate thread, and let's hope you se it.

First, copy your *.mny files and *.mbf files onto other media.

You don't say what version of Money you are using. That would affect what you would do next.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:06 AM
  • Thank you Cal,

My version of Money is Money Deluxe OEM Edition Version 12.0.

I have put all 4 files (2 x *.mny and 2 x *mbf) on a USB Stick. I have tried to do a Restore Backup, a Quick, and a Standard File Repair; I have reinstalled Microsoft Money, I have done a System Restore - No Luck. The smaller file (I'll call it File B) works fine on Laptop 1 (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1) and on Laptop 2 (Windows Vista Premium SP2), but the larger file (I'll call it File A) only works on Laptop 2. On Laptop 1, text from different screens is displayed, an/or screen shows blank blocks, and/or it crashes when you try to enter new information. Total mystery.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:09 AM