chat RRS feed

• Question

• Since I started using windows liveonecare, I can't look chat member's profiles, I think the firewall is blocking them from showing up in 'Buzzen Chatrooms.' But the funny thing is that whenever the firewall blocks anything it usually asks for my permission to block or continue, or something like that, but in the chatroom when I click on a profile of another chatter, it simply denies me access to that particular action and I can't find any way to allow access to that action. Please tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it. Thankyou very much, Mike

Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:16 AM

Answers

• Try turning off the One Care firewall and if the issue persists the issue is most likely caused by something other than the One Care firewall. Typically a firewall would not block web content. You might find an answer in the chatroom you are using.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:59 AM

All replies

• Try turning off the One Care firewall and if the issue persists the issue is most likely caused by something other than the One Care firewall. Typically a firewall would not block web content. You might find an answer in the chatroom you are using.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:59 AM
  • I agree with Jim that the problem is not likely to be the OneCare firewall, though anything is possible. If you are able to access the web, the web browser is given permission to the network through the firewall. If turning off the OneCare firewall allows you to see profiles, then please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, August 10, 2009 11:57 AM