none
Customize WHS Install CD with new Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thank you for reading my post.

My best friend who works for Microsoft bought me the full retail copy of WHS a few years ago and I love the product.  My Server does not have a floppy drive and my motherboards has 4 SATA slots using the intel chipset and four using the marvel chipset which comes on floppy.   I also have a highpoint rocket raid controlller which has drivers.  Is there a way to make a copy of the WHS, put the marvell and Highmpond drivers ion that CD and write an inf file so that they can be installed that way?  Just wondering of anyone has done this?

Thanks

Max
    WHS_retail version
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies

• There is no supported method of injecting drivers into the installation media for Windows Home Server, I'm afraid.

However, floppy drives are extremely inexpensive. So much so that if you buy online you may pay more for shipping than the device...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:19 PM
  • Go to the WeGotServed website and check out their "tutorials" section. They have an excellent step-by-step on exactly how to do this. I used it to create a USB-flashdrive for installation using the Intel SATA drivers and it worked great. They also have directions for making a bootable CD ISO for the process.

Good luck.

Joe
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:44 PM