How should I go about designing my CRM Forms? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to model the design of my form at the moment based on a client request. These are complex forms so I can see in excess of a few thousand fields being created. These are government based forms so I have no choice in remodelling the data or re-configuring the business logic, I just need to workout the best method to create the forms. An example is the TAX return forms for corporations and individuals.

What's the best strategy for this? I have several other forms that I have to build into the CRM, I can't workout if I should create multiple entities, have a few thousand fields on the same form based on (JS hide/show scripts).

Does anyone have any experience in this field? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:21 PM

All replies

• CRM has a limit of 1000 attributes per entity. It's not good for performance or anyone's sanity to try and store it all on one entity.

Can any of the information be normalized?  Multiple addresses, repeating information on different years, anything like that?  All of those can be their own entity and will save you a lot of work.

I am concerned about putting tax information into CRM, though.  That seems like a potential security issue, and something that should be handled in a system more designed for accounting.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:53 PM