Cant Install Product Updates - Oops Something Went Wrong RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to install product updates for the spring release to an online instance by going to Settings | Administration | Install Product Updates and accepting the update.  The 'Preparing for installation' stage has a spinning disc next to it for 20 minutes then I get the message 'Oops, something went wrong' and the updates are not applied.

Been through this a few times now.  I have opened a ticket with Microsoft but so far they have not been able to fix it.

Anyone here have any ideas what I might try myself?

Thanks

Peter

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter

Did you get any update on this ? We are also getting the same problem for our OnPremise edition too. Surprisingly, it went well with one Organization and it is not working for the other organization in the same server ..

Any updates please share ..

Thanks

Srikanth

Imposible it self is having Posible.. Dont leave it until you get it..

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Hi Srikanth

I'm afraid not.  Microsoft Support are unable to fix even though it has been escalated.  Looks like I am stuck without the product updates.

If a miracle does happen and Microsoft can fix it then I will report back but I think the chances are about as remote as me winning my office World Cup sweepstake.

Regards

Peter

Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:08 PM
  • That worries me now... Thanks Peter.

Please keep posted if you have any updates further on this. I do will update if I see any updates.

Regards

Srikanth

Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:12 PM
  • All / Srikanth

This has eventually been fixed by Microsoft support.  It was all back end issues so it required MS to update views etc for the update to fully apply.  Looks like no real reason for it but could not be fixed in any way by me and required MS to fix the back end.

Regards

Peter

Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Thank you very much Peter.

Let me also raise a ticket :)

-Srikanth

Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:02 PM