Error massage for translation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried to translate from Japanese to English.

But I could not do it.

There is an error message.

That says "ArgumentException:Invalid cateegory Parameter name;

category:ID377,V2_Soap,TranslateArray,49498A99

Dose somebody understand the error message means

Thank you very much

hbt1299

Friday, August 28, 2015 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi hbt1299,

the error message indicates that the parameter "category" has an unsupported value.

You may leave the category parameter empty, or pass a value of "general" in order to get a translation using the generic translation system. If you are using the Hub to customize the MT engine, pass the value of your custom Hub system. You may also pass "tech" in order to call an MT system optimized for computer-related terminology and style.

Let us know if this helps,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, August 28, 2015 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi hbt1299,

the error message indicates that the parameter "category" has an unsupported value.

You may leave the category parameter empty, or pass a value of "general" in order to get a translation using the generic translation system. If you are using the Hub to customize the MT engine, pass the value of your custom Hub system. You may also pass "tech" in order to call an MT system optimized for computer-related terminology and style.

Let us know if this helps,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, August 28, 2015 5:00 PM
  • Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I use only document translator not Hub.

>the error message indicates that the parameter "category" has an unsupported value.

>You may leave the category parameter empty, or pass a value of "general" in order to get a translation using >the generic translation system.

How I can leave the category parameter empty?

I will attach document translator image with error message.

If you need to know anything, please let me know.

Best regards

Masaichi Honda

Friday, September 4, 2015 12:22 AM
  • Hi Masaichi,

if you do not have a Hub system, leave the category field in the Settings.Account screen empty, and delete any white space you might have in there, or fill it with the word "general". If you translate computer-related technical material, you can also try the category "tech".

Document Translator Account Settings page

Let us know if this worked,
    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, September 4, 2015 1:03 AM