none
How to prevent the msdn site to turn every page in French when you started in English? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I believe the community Wiki probably will be helpful for you. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7359.forums-help-faq-en-us.aspx

What if my language does not appear in the Forums lists?

You can choose the language in which you want to view the Forums by using the locale selector located at the top-right of the page. If the Forum that you want to view does not exist for the language that you selected, you will return to the current language. For example, you are viewing a Forum for SQL in En-us language. You switch to the Fr-fr language by using the locale selector. If the Forum does not exist in that language, you will return to the En-us language.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:17 PM
  • JorisDR,

How does Mike's reply not answer your question?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:54 AM
    Owner
  • The issue I have is not with the msdn-forums, but with the site automatically redirecting me from the English version of the msdn visual studio page to the French version of the visual studio page.

I want to see the English version and don't want the site to auto-force me to see the French version.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:22 AM
  • This one may sort it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202489?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JorisDR Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:25 PM
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Are you sure it applies to VS?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:58 PM
  • Are you sure it applies to VS?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

It applies to Internet Explorer. Albeit old versions I think article is still valid.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:09 PM
  • This one may sort it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202489?wa=wsignin1.0

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Thanks, this puts me on the right track
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:25 PM
  • You're welcome.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:18 PM