Off Topic:windows security clone???? RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi all,A friend asked me to look at his computer cus he had a virus that he cant get rid of,

I'll get to the point,He keeps gettin a message bubble sayin ''download new anti-virus excistin anti-virus out of date'' so he did.

now all the comp does is anti-virus scans with A.C.S or summat like that,it finds about 66 viruses then stops an askes you to pay $50,an he it keeps gettin the security centre shield on the task bar to tell you the anti-virus your using is out of date,but if you go to control panel an look at your firewall,updates an virus protection are fine no problems,A.C.S the anti-virus you cant get rid of says his comp has zombie bots,adaware,spam,these i can sort but what about a windows security clone???

Saturday, September 6, 2008 11:03 PM

All replies

• I suggest contacting support for the currently installed antivirus application.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 4:07 PM
  • I have the same problem every few minutes a box with warning atack detected comes up and a folowing box asking to run virus detection and sign up i have windows live one care running but this still happens the name is systen antivirus 2008 and is as much a virus as any thimg else i do not want to pay to make it go away any recmondations thank you

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:15 PM
  • Hello Robin, you can contact One Care support for help with removal of this malware. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:19 PM