none
Some threads will never show up?

Question

• Additionally to the “Forum doesn’t update correctly” (one has to refresh several times to see the difference) some threads will never show up.

I have one posted at “Where is the Forum For…?” but it will never show up at the listing, though it’s listed at “My threads”.

However, with several “page refresh” with the same sort order “Most recent post” the listing changes (randomly?) but my own posting is never listed.

It seems to me that the issue is connected to the “Ask a question” and the “Start a discussion” thread type.

Are the Forums using a Microsoft software???

Is anybody working to solve that problem?

Monday, September 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Same issue detected here. Some threads show randomly or not at all. Replies not visible.

Regards
    StonyArc

http://www.stonyarc.com http://www.xboxlivenation.com

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:36 AM
  • This is a bad experience. No recent posts are showing and without realizing, I was answering some of the post. I am not sure even those posts are already answered or not as well. 

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:09 AM
  • The main thread list appears to be refreshing normally now, at least for me.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:52 PM
  • @Miguel_Go, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Do you have specific thread examples of this happening? I will report this and look into what could be going on.

Forums Program Manager

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:15 AM
  • Nope, sorry, that’s all history now, I could not see that the next day.

I wanted to submit a question, but it

Did not show up Sept 01, 08:51:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e00d94b-32a6-444f-aef1-b0b112200693/where-to-go-when-a-forum-is-not-maintained?forum=whatforum

Then I wrote and it did not show up (10:08):

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cdba1ec7-8567-47a9-a7fb-0461e2162d30/some-threads-will-never-show-up?forum=reportabug

So I wrote a posting to the existing thread (10:12):

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa1c84f1-84fe-4b40-9b7b-7948d733ceda/forum-page-not-updating-again?forum=reportabug

checked and tried again, nada, posted again (10:28) there and left

(without noticing that at 10:26 Dave Patrick replied to my first question / thread that did not show up).

Again, that’s all gone now.

Only that my first mentioned thread is still open,

I could not email fissues at …

and the postmaster rejects email because of “possibly mail loop”,

and the ICE forum is still dead.

So, um, … ?

Saturday, September 6, 2014 12:32 AM
  • The issue has vanished so I mark it answered.

• Marked as answer by Miguel_Go Monday, September 8, 2014 12:33 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 12:33 PM
  • The issue has vanished so I mark it answered.

There have been many reports of this issue being fixed, but it always seems to re-surface. I do not use the bridge any more (largely because of this issue), so it is not so easy for me to see that this issue is fixed or not. But from time to time I see it with somebody else's post from the bridge.

I will not be convinced until I have not seen this problem for a considerable period of time, or there is a general consensus among bridge users that indeed it has been fixed.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:48 PM
  • There have been many reports of this issue being fixed, but it always seems to re-surface. I do not use the bridge any more (largely because of this issue), so it is not so easy for me to see that this issue is fixed or not. But from time to time I see it with somebody else's post from the bridge.

I will not be convinced until I have not seen this problem for a considerable period of time, or there is a general consensus among bridge users that indeed it has been fixed.

There are definitely still problems with posting from the bridge, and they've actually gotten worse lately. Not only does the last poster line not update, but the thread itself now doesn't get italicized to show that there are new posts to see.

I reported this again here.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:58 PM
  • There have been many reports of this issue being fixed, but it always seems to re-surface. I do not use the bridge any more (largely because of this issue), so it is not so easy for me to see that this issue is fixed or not. But from time to time I see it with somebody else's post from the bridge.

As of today, I can confirm that this problem is not fixed. There is a thread in the Visual C++ forum that shows one reply, but no Last Reply. If you view the thread, the reply is there, and it is from an MVP who I know uses the bridge.

There is no point in linking to it, because the problem will go away if someone (e.g. OP) responds using the forum interface.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:06 AM
  • Um, from David’s and Mike’s posting it seems there are still some issues.

I’ve marked this thread as answered because the issue I had has vanished.

However, I don’t know anything about “bridge” (?) or what the linked thread is about,

so I’d suggest to start a new topic which isn’t “answered” already.

Friday, September 12, 2014 2:47 PM

However, I don’t know anything about “bridge” (?) or what the linked thread is about,

Yeah, the original issue has definitely been resolved.

The further discussion we were having is related to the NNTP bridge (which isn't related the the original issue), which allows you to post to the forums using a newsreader. The forums team is well aware of these problems already.

Friday, September 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Yeah, the original issue has definitely been resolved.

The further discussion we were having is related to the NNTP bridge (which isn't related the the original issue), which allows you to post to the forums using a newsreader. The forums team is well aware of these problems already.

Oops, sorry, I thought this was an NNTP-related thread. My mistake. The NNTP mising post issue is definitely not fixed.

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Thank you Bryant..

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Articles

Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:23 PM