none
Can synctoy 2.0 be used to synchronise the same folder to more than 1 other computer? RRS feed

• Question

•  I have a desktop at work, a Laptop at home for the family and a laptop that I use to travel.  I would like to synchronise folders on all 3 computers - is it OK to do this by synchronisingf to one 1st and then the other?
    Monday, February 9, 2009 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Yes SyncToy is meant to be able to synchronize the same folder to multiple locations. Just create the correct folder pairs ( from your scenario looks like you will need at least two).

Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi -

Yes SyncToy is meant to be able to synchronize the same folder to multiple locations. Just create the correct folder pairs ( from your scenario looks like you will need at least two).

Thanks
    Deepa

Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:25 AM
  • I have 3 computers which I like to use sync toy 1.4 to sync with.

I have been using sync toy 1.4 on 2 XP computers for many years and they sync great with no problems so I never upgraded to sync 2.1.

I recently purchased a new computer with win 7 pro and would like to sycn this computer 3 to the other 2 computers.

2 questions?

1. Is it OK to use Sync 1.4 to do this or must I upgrade to sync 2.1?

2. Would the correct sequence be sync XP computer 1 to computer XP computer 2 then XP computer 2 to win 7 computer  3?

I would very much appreciate your feed back if this can be done.

Please send response to my email address using the "subject Sync toy for 3 computers"...

Thank you

Ben

310-714-3333

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:21 AM