Error code 0x80070424 when I try to validate, even though I already validated over 1 month ago RRS feed

• Question

• I already validated my copy of Vista Home Edition (OEM) on my new computer about or over a month ago.  Whenever I would start up my computer, many time the video card drivers and on board ethernet drivers would not load, so I decided to load in Registry Mechanic and see if that would fix the problem.  It said it found over 2000 errors, I allowed it to fix them thinking I could restore the fixes since I made a back up of the registry.   After this, it says my copy of Vista could not be validated and Vista would not allow me to restore the original registry backup I made with Registry Mechanic.  What should I do?

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:14 AM

Answers

•  

CB:

Without knowing what Registry Mechanic did, its hard to say what has happened. Changing the registry can often times lead to many problems if you're not careful. I'd suggest reinstalling your copy of Vista Home (Basic/Premuim) to the factory image and starting over. I'd suggest hiring a professional to modify the registry appropriately to what you need.

-phil

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:34 AM