Can't find feature to zoom in to maximize the exact amount of map I want to see or print (Streets and Trips 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• I've used Streets and Trips for years.  There used to be a feature that would allow you to mask a rectangle around an exact area on the map and then zoom inside the masked area to get that exact area to make full use of the map display (and to print it out)  (This ability was extremely helpful and is why I purchased Streets and Trips instead of using mapquest, etc.)  I cannot find that feature on Streets and Trips 2010.  Often, the slider is imprecise and zooms too much or not enough greatly reducing the value of the maps it produces.  Is the mask zoom feature I buy the product for still in there somewhere?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

The select feature is still there, but the button on the tool bar hes been removed. To access the feature, simply keep the right mouse button down while drawing the rectangle with your mouse.

The left mouse button moves the map, and the right mouse button selects a map area.

This was a change in Streets and Trips 2009 , and more changes followed in Streets and Trips 2010 .

Laptop GPS World
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi Mark -

Click HERE to see a 1.5 minute video that reviews the various ways to zoom in to the current version of Streets and Trips.  (Slower internet?  Wait 10 seconds before hitting the play button)

You also mentioned printing - you can see another 3 min video HERE on that subject.

Hope you find them helpful!

Keith O'Brien
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:51 PM