http://www.sdraccessories.com/ RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, I really need your help. My web site is not indexed with Live search and we are with Google, yahoo and others.WHY?

Live dosen't recognize our url address. Why? Help me step by step please.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:33 AM

Answers

• Hi, I would like to collate all of these same issues (about multiple websites) together into one post if you don't mind. It appears that collectfortune and fortunecollection are indexed, but not deeply. Reading our blog posts might help you. A few things I noticed though:

You aren't employing canonicalization on any of your sites. I cannot access sdraccessories.com, but I can access the www version. Whatever is causing this might be the reason why we haven't indexed this site yet. Do you have a redirect in place?

Thanks!

Brett

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi, Robin.

Could you clarify what you mean by "Live doesn't recognize our url address"?  Do you get an error message when you try to validate the website or submit a site map?

Thanks....Duane

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:22 AM
  • Hi Duane, on Live search when I wrote www.sdraccessories.com the answer is Were you looking for: www.draccessories.com

The engine can't find my website but I indexed my site lot of times. Why??? With Google, Yahoo and others there is no problem. I don't understand.

Thank you for your help

Robin

Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:31 PM
  • Hi, Robin.

Yes, it looks as if Live has not indexed the website. It is hard to tell why it hasn't indexed the site - this forum has lots of posts citing exactly that problem.

One thing I did notice is that you could optimize the meta tags a bit more.

The home page has the title "SDR Accessories".  I think you'd be better off with a title that begins with a couple of keywords describing the content of the website.  Likewise, that page has empty Description and Keywords metatags.  Lots of search engines will ignore Keywords, but most take a look at the Description.  I'd suggest writing both.

But I don't think this explains why Live hasn't indexed the website.

... Duane

Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Yeah man! it is not indexed my website www.collectfortune neither.  why?
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:03 PM
  • Hi, I would like to collate all of these same issues (about multiple websites) together into one post if you don't mind. It appears that collectfortune and fortunecollection are indexed, but not deeply. Reading our blog posts might help you. A few things I noticed though:

You aren't employing canonicalization on any of your sites. I cannot access sdraccessories.com, but I can access the www version. Whatever is causing this might be the reason why we haven't indexed this site yet. Do you have a redirect in place?

Thanks!

Brett

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Hi, no I don't have any redirect place. I don't have an IP address. I brought my domain name to register.com and Channel advisor is hosting my site. I have 2 versions : french version www.sdraccessoires.com and www.sdraccessories.com I don't understand why Live don't recognize my website. Do you have an idea???

Thanks a bunch

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:59 AM