Server Shuts Off in the Middle of the Night RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

My server keeps shutting off in the middle of the night. I am not sure why and I would like to stop that so I am up and running 24/7. I am running Windows Server 2007. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Friday, March 29, 2013 12:17 AM

Answers

• Does it start up again in the morning? Have you ever installed any Add-ins that might be doing this (e.g. Lights Out)?

If you RDP to the desktop and look at Power settings, is it set to "Never Sleep"?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by zeekthegeek82 Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:47 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 1:08 AM

All replies

• Does it start up again in the morning? Have you ever installed any Add-ins that might be doing this (e.g. Lights Out)?

If you RDP to the desktop and look at Power settings, is it set to "Never Sleep"?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by zeekthegeek82 Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:47 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 1:08 AM
  • It does not start up again. I will leave my office at 6 or so and will come in to the office the next morning and find the server is off. I am not using an RDP but rather a VNC to gain access to the server. I went to the power settings and made sure that all power options are set to never sleep.
    Friday, March 29, 2013 11:39 AM
  • Has it always done this or is it a recent problem? Any Add-ins?

• Edited by Phil Harrison Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:32 AM Can't spell!
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:31 AM