How do I get an original windows 7 back? RRS feed

• Question

• After the trial period got over, I had downloaded Windows 7 from a friend without knowing it wasn't an original version. It got corrupted recently and now if i start my laptop, it only shows me a blank blue screen with no icons/buttons. I need to be connected again and have limited knowledge to get my original windows 7 back. can anyone guide me through? i am located in the UK and had bought my laptop here and the standard warranty period has ended now.email me: <removed>

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:37 AM removed email address
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:33 PM

Answers

• "GandhiKetan" wrote in message news:cdd3b112-cf7f-47b2-9e17-02d2289958d7...

After the trial period got over, I had downloaded Windows 7 from a friend without knowing it wasn't an original version. It got corrupted recently and now if i start my laptop, it only shows me a blank blue screen with no icons/buttons. I need to be connected again and have limited knowledge to get my original windows 7 back. can anyone guide me through? i am located in the UK and had bought my laptop here and the standard warranty period has ended now.

Please remove your email address, unless you want to get spammed to death!

You need to post with more details of what happened in a more appropriate forum – the Win 7 Answers forum here would be a good start....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:38 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:49 PM