Resolve Conflicts (1 of 1) - but page is empty RRS feed

• Question

• Here's an interesting problem:

I get a "Resolve Conflicts (1 of 1)" message, but the dialog box is empty, except for the standard message:
    "Conflicting changes have been made to an item"
    "What would you like to do?"

<big empty page>

Option buttons: [Close]

That's it.

Groove had a nice feature: using "grooveclean.exe" I could clean up any residuals. Worked like a charm.
    Is there a way to clean-up the Live Mesh?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 8:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks Steve, I solved the problem by taking all folder out of synchronization, delete the store, and then the "/repair" switch.

(I use XP SP3)
    • Marked as answer by akja Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:58 AM

All replies

• Please file a bug report for this. Instructions are here:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

You *should* see a list of conflicts and choices of actions to take - keep version a over b, b over a, both...
    Resolution conflict, even with the dialog showing details, is painful and the Live Mesh team indicated that they are working to improve that process. If you have thousands of conflicts, in Live Mesh you need to address them one at a time!

What OS and browser are you using?

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Thanks Steve, I solved the problem by taking all folder out of synchronization, delete the store, and then the "/repair" switch.

(I use XP SP3)
    • Marked as answer by akja Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:58 AM

(I use XP SP3)

Thanks for reporting how you resolved it, akja.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 1:50 PM