please advice RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

i am currently using a tablet pc to fill out my word reports. i am mobile most of the time when i do this and there is no wifi where i fill my reports. when i come back in the office, i transfer all the word documents to a network location. It is time consuming and I was looking for an automation solution. I understand there are lots of products out there. But just wanted to know what is the best software.

1. I will fill out my report and save it on a tablet pc harddrive.

2. When I come back in the office and connect the tablet pc to a LAN via LAN cable, I want to transfer all the reports which might be in huge numbers i.e like 10 to 20 in a day to a certain folder on the network drive.

3. I want to do this automated, so I dont actually open any sync softwares. The sync software should detect the LAN cable or connectivity to LAN, as soon as it does this, it should locate the files from the TABLET PC harddrive and start sending them to a network drive folder.

4. Obviously, I understand that initially I will have to open the sync software for setup like choosing target files and location etc.

So please advice what software is out there which can help me do this? If there is no software out there, what will I need to do? Make my own sync tool?? If so how do I do that? Any tutorials??

Please help guys, because I think what I want to do is possible!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi ahtram,

Of cause SyncToy is a good choice for you to synchronize your data. Actually, you can treate your SyncToy as a tool which is used to make sure two folders the same, and reflect changes from one folder to another. Furthermore, it does not mind where the folders are. So you just keep two folders and make sure you have the permission to access to both of them. Then you can sync data in any way you like.

But unfortunately, SyncToy does not support synchronization scheduling. If you wanna sync data with SyncToy automaticly without any manual work even like open SyncToy, I'm afraid only SyncToy could not work like that. As a suggestion, maybe you could use Windows Task Scheduler to schedule SyncToy so that SyncToy could start at a given time or restart itself after a given time span.

May this could help you a bit.

Thanks,

Danish

Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:59 AM