Backup of Vista64 client no longer works, fails with "file not found" error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Before anyone has to ask: I did report the error on "connect", but I hope someone here has an idea to get the issue resolved independently.

Backup on one of my two Vista 64 clients no longer works: The error reported is with the Volume Shadow Copy, Details are "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070002)"

--> which means "file not found".

Last night I got a different error: COMException, Details: "Die Anforderung konnte wegen eines E/A-Gerätefehlers nicht ausgeführt werden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007045D)"

--> which basically is an "I/O Device Error".

I've chkdsk'd my C:-drive (on the client machine) twice so far, but without success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks and regards, Martin

P.S.

WHS: Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Home Server 1500, with 3 additional 1TB drives, German WHS and PowerPack 1 RC 4
    Client: Dell XPS 420, Vista 64 manually installed (i.e. not the preload), 8GB RAM

Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:24 AM

Answers

• Backup works again: I reverted my NVidia Display driver back from 175.19 to 174.74.

I discovered that I installed the new driver on the evening before the backup failed for the first time, so this driver was a likely candidate to have caused the problem.

Regards, Martin

Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:27 AM