Remote Access with Vista Clients stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• My two vista machines are showing up as "Connection disabled" on the remote access list.  My XP clients still show up as availible.

One Vista is ultimate, one is business.  Both are set up with "any version of remote/less secure" option and the firewalls are set with remote access as an exception.  They both used to work, and I'm not sure, but they may have stopped around the time I installed SP1.  I can still get to them from other machines on the lan with RDC.

Any thoughts?

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:18 AM

Answers

• Well, problem fixed...

At least the problem does not exist now. I just went back and logged into my WHS from a remote PC and now the RDC status for my Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop is correct in the Computers window.

Its magic...or WHS just took a few minutes to catch up with the correct status...

Friday, April 11, 2008 1:18 PM

All replies

• Well, blow me down matey...I am seeing the same thing... Hmmm...

I have a Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop that I enabled RDC incoming access on as a test and sure enough when I connect into my WHS from my wife's XP Pro desktop I see the same thing.

Friday, April 11, 2008 11:27 AM
  • Hmmm... I just logged into my brothers WHS and looked at his RDC status for various machines on his LAN. He has one Vista SP1 machine that shows the correct status and I could get to the RDC login window. His other Vista SP1 machine is currently offline. I wonder what the difference is between our Vista SP1 machines and his?

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:14 PM
  • Well, problem fixed...

At least the problem does not exist now. I just went back and logged into my WHS from a remote PC and now the RDC status for my Vista Ultimate SP1 laptop is correct in the Computers window.

Its magic...or WHS just took a few minutes to catch up with the correct status...

Friday, April 11, 2008 1:18 PM
  • If you figure it out please let me know.  One of my Vista ultimate machines shows available and the other connection disabled and I think they both have the same settings...I also have a problem with setting up the router and the remote connection is there and later I cannot get through even though the there were no changes to the router...

Steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 4:31 PM